Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mr Zevon speaks from beyond the grave

I have to admit I don't know what happened in the 70's - I seem to have missed out on Warren Zevon completely. I only discovered him by accident last year when I happened to hear 'My Shits All Fucked Up" on the TV show Californication.  Tamsin & I were watching at the time and we looked at each other and said "who IS that?" As soon as the show finished we googled the words and discovered the man.  I downloaded a couple of albums from eMusic which are all good, and disappointedly found out Warren had died in 2003.

I recently found a copy of his biography "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: The Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon" in a book sale and am reading it interspersed with the John Lennon biography by Phillip Norman. I don't think there's any risk of me getting  confused though, Warren was a one-off kinda guy.

Here are a couple of songs for the initiated or un-Zevon'd





No comments: