1. Today is my (48th) birthday
2. People tell me I don’t look more than 35 - (ish) (on a good day)
3. Blueberries are my favourite fruit. I hate celery
4. I can wiggle my nostrils like a rabbit (thanks to early training and encouragement from my sister)
5. My surname is/was Oatley
6. I quite like Bob Dylan (you may have guessed this one already)
7. Keith Moon of The Who came to our house for tea as a boy. He was in the scouts with my brother. (This is a cheat as I wasn’t born at the time but my Mum told me he was very nice and polite).
8. I can’t dance
9. I lived in London 18 yrs, Wales 5 years, London again for 8 years and in Auckland for the last 16 years
10. Middle name is Evelyn
11. I was a transport planner for London Underground before I moved to New Zealand
12. I was married to a Kiwi chef and as a result I know how to make a roux
13. I’ve been up the outside of the Canary Wharf Tower in a builders lift
14. My eldest brother died under a tube train when I was sixteen
15. Favourite films: American Beauty, Annie Hall, No Direction Home
16. I love chocolate but cannot bear to eat it before lunchtime. I often have an early lunch
17. I once tried smoking crumbled up prawn cocktail crisps. Don’t ask.
18. I played Deng Xiaoping in a ‘International politics’ role playing weekend retreat in 1980
19. I can’t stand hypocrites
20. I don’t do Facebook but am on Skype
21. My alter ego is a Meerkat
22. I would like to write a book and make a film
23. My eyesight is quite bad but I chickened out of Lasik the day before the scheduled operation
24. I hum whilst shopping, but I’m not aware of it until people tell me I am humming
25. My Mum was in the WAF and my dad was an Air Raid Warden in WWII
26. I stopped smoking (tobacco) nearly 20 years ago
27. I love to cook as long as I don’t have to cook something in particular
28. As Chair of Mensa I represented NZ at International meetings in Hawaii, Hamburg and Rio De Janeiro
29. The only time I’ve sung karaoke was in Rio De Janeiro while drunk. It was a duet with a Norwegian of the Doors ‘Light My Fire’. Very embarrassing.
30. I had a cat called Brrrrr. (ie the sound of a raspberry blown with a Welsh twang in a raising tone)
31. I like to play board games like Articulate, Balderdash
32. My Chinese sign is a Rat
33. Did I say I really like Bob Dylan, and Jakob.
34. I want to visit Cuba
35. I will be going to Melbourne in April to catch up with my brother
36. My degree was a BSC(Econ) in Geography & Politics (Swansea University)
37. My ex husbands mother still emails me with news of the family
38. Worrying is a waste of time I’ve learnt
39. Also that life is too short to listen to average music so I rate tracks then delete the low rated ones from my iPod
40. I still have 17,000 tracks on my iPod
41. I’ve always been a bookworm
42. I am a landlord
43. My Dad loved to joke and fool people. He never seemed to lose his humour. He died in 1987.
44. I go to the gym but it’s a struggle. I’d really rather be reading a book or listening to music.
45. My work title is ‘Data Services Manager’
46. A year ago I didn’t know what a blog was
47. Getting old doesn’t bother me
48. I love my friends and family and wish so many weren’t scattered far around the world
OK. Whose birthday is next. Your turn