Friday, June 27, 2008

Storm damage and an epic poem


Had a call from one of the tenants last night, to say the beautiful old tree in the front garden had split itself in half during the storm, and was lying across her garden & driveway.
I went over there today to see what it looked like. Luckily it didn't fall on the house.

I'm hoping the TreeCare co. can salvage half a tree from whats left as it' s such a beauty in the spring with blossom all over it.



These are the 'before' and 'after pictures.





In lieu of lunch I made a huge bowl of fruit salad with Pineapple, Papaya, Pear, Plum and Mint. That will dispel any winter blues.


For the poets, (and Dylan fans), here is Bob reciting his amazing epic "Last thoughts on Woody Guthrie" from 1963. I'm not sure if the images here add or detract. I like to listen to this one with my eyes closed. It is available on The Bootleg series 1-3. The words are the business.


No comments: