Sunday, October 12, 2008

Debt, Hell, Pizza and other nasties

A local Pizza chain called "Hell" had this billboard near Green Lane roundabout.
I laughed out loud the first time I drove past this. Their pizzas have names like Greed, Lust, Gluttony.

Margaret Atwood is one of my favourite writers. If you haven't read Oryx and Crake I strongly recommend it. Here she writes in the Wall Street Journal about debt in society and in literature. An interesting view. Also, an interview with Margaret in the Times.

It really is a dog-eat-dog world. Dogs seem to be highlighted for me this past week. First there was the incident last weekend with the 2 rogue canines running amok and scaring the daylights out of our two cats, then there was Friday's 'chihuahua incident'. Now I hear that Mari's little one Filou has been savaged by a large dog and is in doggy-hospital with damaged paws... poor wee thing. If only all big dog owners were responsible, like my big Sis Val and her four Groenendahls... (also known as Belgian Shepherds). To say she is crazy about them would be an under statement. This one is called Anoushka.

And wee Filou in 'recovery' atire ....

1 comment:

mariSh said...

Till yesterday he refused all food. As a last resort I brought him a quarter of a chicken - it was eaten up with an exceptional gusto!I almost lost my fingers and Filou usually eats VERY delicately. Obviously the hospital food doesn't come up to his usual standards... Today on the menu is chicken breast.-
He might come back home tomorrow.