Monday, September 1, 2008

Hope the Levee don't break tonight

Sunshine continues to thaw us and inspire us into believing summer is around the corner.

Busy at work, so much so that I've had to bring some things home to finish on my 'day off' tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that New Orleans doesn't get too hammered by Gustav tonight, I have a soft spot for the place since I spent a week there in 2004.

If it keep on raining, the levee's gonna break
If it keep on raining, the levee's gonna break
Everybody saying this is a day only the Lord could make

This blogger has an interesting post on the history of songs about the Mississippi flooding and how Dylan's 'The Levees Gonna Break' from the Modern Times album is based on an old blues song 'When the Levee Breaks' by Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie which was about the 1927 flood. There's a nice YouTube video link on Ramblings' site too.

Here are some of my favourite pics I took of "Nawlins"...

No comments: